Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Newton Connection Tools for Windows

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun Sep 10 2006 - 17:21:15 EDT

Matt

Well if he is able to make it so that users could get more reliable serial
connections we are ahead....

Furthermore, he is doing us a service in making something compatible with W2k or
XP. From what others say the NCU seems to work fine in W9x.

I say you are doing a mighty fine job. If we load him up with lots of features
even the most basic of functionality may end up never being done.

Warm regards

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand

Hello Andre`s:

[snip]
I'm not certain exactly WHAT improvements are gained by this. Granted, I only
briefly viewed the beta testing software, before the error messages
(something about incorrect serial port). The only REAL difference (from NCU) I
saw was
that the user can view additional information about transferred files. How
about permitting the transfer of Newton info to different PC formats?
Quickfigure
Works directly to various Microsoft formats?

At this time, I don't see the value in ponying up $35-45 bucks for this
software. Then again, maybe I'm not seeing some important benefit that this
software brings.
[snip]