[NTLK] The Newton Shareware dilemma

From: xp <xp_at_thirring.org>
Date: Wed Sep 13 2006 - 02:54:26 EDT

I've just recently become a member of the Newton community. I've noticed that alot of the shareware out there can no longer be registered due to the fact that some companies or people are no longer acticve or around.
I'm hoping to set up a web page or something that shows what shareware can be registered.
I haven't tried Newt Scape yet, but from looking at the list I think that's still around.
Tactile Systems can no longer be reached, so much of their shareware is abandoned.
Can anyone verify this?
If shareware is abandoned, and the owners aren't reachable, then what are our options?
Is it ethical to try to crack the software?
Soliciting advice and opinions.

Thanks

-Jason