Re: [NTLK] newton forensics

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Sep 13 2006 - 08:45:00 EDT

On 9/13/06, Martin Joseph <NT@stillnewt.org> wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2006, at 3:57 PM, Roman Pixell [GMail] wrote:
> > computer/mobile forensics. its about getting access to the data on a
> > device, even files that were erased a long time ago.
>
> That's what I thought you meant, but Matt through me for a loop with
> the medical recommendations.

Okay, now are we talking about something actually for the Newton?

I know that it's possible for the desktop and laptop computers already.
Just recently there was an article I read online regarding this and
cell phones... ie. Palm Treo 650. where several phones were purchased
off eBay and their data was recovered which contained even some
business secrets...

Of course the article also noted that there was this crazy multi-press
special process to truly trash the data but that this was hidden
somewhere in the manual where most readers wouldn't search for it and
most people thought that the regular hard reset on a Treo would wipe
it out... now doesn't that put the willies in you that IF you sold a
Treo (or actually any PDA) that your data could be mined out of it
possibly...??? hm....

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung