Re: [NTLK] Business week article on Jonathan Ives

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri Sep 15 2006 - 15:28:47 EDT

On 9/15/06, Javier Monllor <jmonll2@uic.edu> wrote:
> "The Newton software became known for being far ahead of its time—and
> for disastrously mediocre voice-recognition software.

Actually, it's voice recognition software was horribly mediocre....
only recognizing numbers (and state names?).... And Apple didn't write
it, Dragon did.... oh, or did they mean to write "handwriting
recognition software"? ;-)

Seriously, I didn't know that Ive worked on the Newton, too! Wow...

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland