Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 + kbd, or eMate?

From: Adam Goddard <pashosh_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 09:00:13 EDT

On 20/09/2006, at 9:37 PM, abruch@deakin.edu.au wrote:
> I just bought an eMate from Alex Nonnemacher <nonjo@comcast.net> via
> this list and it is great. While I love my MP2100 and keyboard, I tend
> to use it without as they need a desk support to be effective. Yes the
> emate is slower but its form factor makes up for it. I am writing up a
> unit on it and it is easy to open (instant on) and create.
> Major drawback is memory. I need a card.
> anyone can help out an Aussie?
>
> cheers Ade

        Ade, I live around Campbelltown in Sydney, but I don't have any spare
memory cards that I could sell. I could give you a 4MB as a loaner if
you are truly desperate. I'd recommend looking for a cheap 16MB compact
flash card, a compact flash to pcmcia adapter(or any other card type,
SD, MMC, MS, xD) and Paul Guyot's ATA Support software, which, although
is shareware, will allow you to use a 4MB portion of the compact flash
card under demo mode, or two 2MB partitions, if you'd like.
        I'm hoping some more Sydney-ites will pipe up and maybe we can get
some monthly meetings going or something. :-)
        Personally, I prefer the MP2100+keyboard, but I find girls always like
the eMate. Somehow it is sexier, hehe. I asked my girlfriend if she
wanted one of my MP2100's or my eMate, hands down was the eMate... O_o

Regards,
   - Adam Goddard