Re: [NTLK] Backlight comparison

From: <maynard_at_jmg.com>
Date: Thu Sep 21 2006 - 20:15:01 EDT

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Sonny Hung wrote:

> On 9/21/06, Frank Gruendel <newtontalk@pda-soft.de> wrote:
> > Here's a picture of 3 Newtons with 3 backlights next to each other. Note
> > that these are 3 different Newtons, so contrast and sharpness
> > differences
> > might not solely be caused by the backlight, but also by the LCDs.
>
> Thanks Frank!,
>
> But besides the variables... at least people have a general idea about
> the coloration differences which can be easily seen by your photo.

    I've just recieved a green replacement backlight and digitizer from
Calvin. I've taken photos of what shipped, and expect to take photos and
notes during the installation process. Hopefully, this might help folks
get an idea of what's involved in the project, and what gains one might
expect afterward. --M