Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth card for a 2100

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Sun Sep 24 2006 - 12:58:18 EDT

On Sep 24, 2006, at 6:38 AM, Steve Hammond wrote:

> Hi,
> I bought on eBay a 2100 with a few add-on...
<snip>

I think that having a dongle around for the newton interconnect is a
good thing. Although it's true that once it's setup you shouldn't
need it very often...

For example, you cannot run a complete backup over bluetooth (yet),
and if you are on the PC using the serial method is pretty much the way.

There are also serial cables that have the PC style 9 pin on one end
and a Newton 2100 style Plug on the other. I think I recommend
getting the Bluetooth from Adrianno, but also figuring out a way to
hook your message pad up serially (just in case).

Marty