Re: [NTLK] How to get in touch with SmartDog Software

From: Ulises Gerardo <uice_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Sep 25 2006 - 16:23:58 EDT

Frank Gruendel <newtontalk@pda-soft.de> wrote: Hi folks,

I registered SmartDog's OBEX stack at USD 40.00 through Kagi August 28,
2006.
As usual I had a confirmation mail from Kagi in my mailbox two minutes
later
confirming my payment and that SmartDog would get in toch soon to send
me a
registration code.

Two weeks later what I did not have was a registration code. So I sent
an
eMail to

 smartdog__@__smartdogsw.com

with cc to

 smartdog__@__kagi.com

(minus the "__") asking to send me a registration code as soon as
possible.

I have heard neither from SmartDog Software neither from Kagi within the
following
two weeks. Almost a month has passed and I still do not have a
registration. Let alone
anything remotely resembling an eMail written by a human.

I must admit that I am ever so slightly pi**ed by now. Considering that
I do not
charge for my software in the first place and usually answer support
requests within
the same day or the day after, I'd expect people who charge 40 bucks to
at least be
able to send me a registration code AFTER I told them they forgot to do
so. And I'd
expect institutions like Kagi to at least send me something like an
automatic confirmation,
maybe even a reply by a human being, in case of a complaint.

Is anybody out there aware of how to get in touch with these people? The
web site gives
the following address:

Robert Ellison
Smart Dog Software
2400 Leghorn Drive
Fort Collins, CO 80526
USA

There's no phone number to be found, otherwise I'd have called them.
Does anybody happen to
live near there and give them a call? Or tell me their number? Or maybe
have a more current
email address that he could forward this mail to?

Thank you very much in advance

Frank