Re: [NTLK] My Newton Wish List

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Sep 25 2006 - 18:54:06 EDT

That's why whenever I travel, I rely on my Canary Hotspotter! In fact, I never leave home without it!
  Ed
  web/gadget guru
  Download Newton packages directly onto your Newton: http://newton.tek-ed.com

Adam Goddard <pashosh@tpg.com.au> wrote:
  On 26/09/2006, at 5:43 AM, L.W. Brown wrote:
> And the existing key-fob sized devices for doing it are so cheap, why
> bother?
> Now, finding a good spot of coffee - that would be useful (and I mean

Those keyfob things only detect the presence of a radio signal within a
certain bandwidth(in GHz range). So if there's people on their mobiles,
wireless security cameras, wireless video senders, a microwave, etc. in
the vicinity, you'll have buckleys chance of getting useful information
from a blinking LED. A stumbler application will tell you how many wifi
AP's are in the area, their names, if they're encrypted, signal
strength, etc. Very useful. :)

Regards,
- Adam Goddard

Don't You Love Mistyping URL's....