Re: [NTLK] Geeksafe revisited

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Wed Apr 04 2007 - 11:12:36 EDT

On 4/4/2007 5:27 AM, Giulio Marchi wrote:
> Il giorno 04/apr/07, alle 01:46, Dan ha scritto:

> By the way, I just realized that (do not ask me why) I was using
> version 1.01 while 1.1 exists...
> <http://nemesys2.dyndns.org:8080/GeekSafe_EN.html>
> So maybe some of my previous inputs to this threads (e.g. the low
> number of items in the list view, the "invisible" notes, the missing
> "select all" feature) do not apply.
> Sorry about that.

Hmm I don't know what different features were associated with what
version, so I can't say off the top of my head. Though the later
versions did allow you to use the full screen size which gave more room
for notes. But you still can enter more data than what the space allows
for hence "invisible notes". By the way I just checked and my version
has a select all button available in the overview mode (and I am using
version 1.1).

As for the eyeglass function, it is available in overview/list mode.
Just turn it on in normal mode then go into overview. All passwords
will be masked. I suppose a preference could be added to allow this
masking to be on as soon as you open Geeksafe. But if someone is going
to be looking at your screen, why would you open Geeksafe in the first
place (and enter the PIN with them watching)? It does remember if it is
in "mask mode" or not. So you can just turn it on before you close
Geeksafe. But again why would you open it with someone watching? If
you were letting someone barrow your Newt for a minute, wouldn't you
want to "lock it down" (close it)? I mean they could just unmask the
passwords with one tap and potentially see every password you have.

-Dan