Re: [NTLK] Newtsync

From: Tony Morrow <gizmo1482_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Apr 05 2007 - 07:49:41 EDT

On Apr 5, 2007, at 7:34 AM, Michael Beale wrote:

> Have tried to connect using Newtsync and any time connection is
> made I am
> asked to install Newtsync 0.3m on the Newton. I did have the latest
> newtsync I thought. Any leads on where to get Newtsync which can
> operate
> between a g4 running osx10.3.9 and the Newton 2100? I have the
> usb/serial
> adapter, ethernet and even wireless which I have found over the
> past couple
> of years to be a complete waste of time. Was sold an
> inappropriate card
> as part of the package by a canadian seller of newtons which I only
> found
> out later on by looking at the traffic on Newtontalk. Have no
> hopes in
> that direction.
>
> Is bluetooth a goer on the Newton???
>
> Suggestions on accessing the last, latest Newtsync would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael Beale

The latest version of Newtsync was released by the Nowhere Man. The
URL <http://www.newtsync.com> is dead, but the website he created is
still alive here: <http://thenowhereman.com/hacks/newton/>. There you
will find Newtsync version 0.3.3. Install the Newton package and run
the Mac application and you should be able to connect using serial.
There are also some nice plugins for Newtsync, but they all don't
work perfectly.