Re: [NTLK] My 2100 has died

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Thu Apr 05 2007 - 18:27:02 EDT

> My 2100 stopped turning on last week.
> The battery shows 4.07 volts still.

You might want to try powering the Newton on without the
battery first. The battery might not be able to maintain
this voltage if it is actually powering the Newton.

If this does not work, follow all steps I describe here

    http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html

EXACTLY and in EXACTLY THE SAME ORDER as described. If
you change even a seemingly unimportant issue, you might
fail.

Of course, make sure that the AC adapter works. I've seen
perfectly healthy Newtons travel across the Atlantic because
their owner's wall outlet was faulty...

If all this doesn't help, you are welcome to send it my
way. Diagnosing is free for list members. If I can't fix
it, or if you don't want me to, all it'll cost you is what
I pay at the post office for shipping back.

Frank