Re: [NTLK] Another article critical of the Newton

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Sat Apr 07 2007 - 19:19:31 EDT

jg wrote:
> Very true, Dan.
>
> Duo is a huge mistake, because of the weaknesses it has. On other
> hand, it was very good super portable sub-computer. I remember when
> everyone made a big eyes when I took out of my small! suitcase a Duo
> plus printer and modem and a scanner. Total weight 4,5kg. I could
> correct a contract on the spot, print out the invoice, scan a
> document!!! Today it is not possible. There is no ultra portable
> scanner or printer for mac. Mac itself is not lighter either.

bzzt ;-) my 12" powerbook and travelscan 464 are quite small. Can't say
about a printer as I don't carry one around or rather I didn't used to
when I traveled. What was cool though was building a document on my newt
and ir'ing it to the printer ;-)

william

--
Special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.