Re: [NTLK] Fwd: Returned mail: User unknown

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Apr 08 2007 - 08:01:22 EDT

~~~ On 2007/04/08 05:47, Grant Hutchinson at grant@splorp.com wrote ~~~

> In a previous message, Lord Groundhog typed vigorously:
>
>>> 550 <tmeehan@x2001.com>... User unknown
>>
>> I assumed it was general spam to the list. I got it too.
>
> It wasn't spam.
>
> Occasionally, a valid list member's address will bounce, causing the entire
> list to received a message similar to the one shown above. Fortunately, the
> mailing list software is usually smart enough to throttle these bounces, so we
> don't all get hammered with the fallout from a mail loop.
>
> If the address continues to bounce going forward, I will manually remove it
> from the list.

Sorry for the misinformation -- and thanks for the explanation. I didn't
realize that could happen via a list.

Shalom.
Christian

NewtonPad: the computer of tomorrow ‹ yesterday.
http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl

Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/