Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Newton Connection for Mac OS X

From: Ivan Kowalenko <ivan.kowalenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Apr 09 2007 - 08:16:23 EDT

On Apr 4, 2007, at 17.20, jg wrote:

> I know it is too late. This discussion is "closed". Still, I
> experimented with the NCX. First I manually set up the Internet: IP
> 10.0.0.2 (10.0.0.1 is my Tibook, which is not connected to any
> network or internet, firewall is off), 225.225.255.0, DNS
> 200.100.200.10. After trying to connect 20 times my Mac shows
> IPv6Address and changes the IP to 169.254.193.206 and gate to
> 255.255.0.0. I looks like connection but Newton cannot show the
> computers name. So, I changed the internet setup as 169.... and
> 255.255.0.0, DNS no change. After that everything works but Newton
> cannot show the computers name and connection s not established.
> WHAT IS WRONG? I have to add that Newt is directly connected to Mac.

Either leave everything as DHCP, on both ends, or manually configure
everything on both ends. I leave my WiFi card on my iBook (OS X
10.4.9) to DHCP, enable wireless sharing, and my PSP has no problem
connecting. It takes a little time for it to grab an IP address, but
after that it works without a hitch. If you configure it to use a
static IP (like, say, 192.168.0.2) on the Newton, then you ought to
configure your Mac the same way (192.168.0.1).

BTW, what version of OS X are you using? That might have an impact.