Re: [NTLK] newtLabelInputLine vs. newtEditView (apropos Geeksafe)

From: Andrei Chichak <newton_at_chichak.ca>
Date: Mon Apr 09 2007 - 19:24:39 EDT

At 12:46 PM 4/9/2007, you wrote:
>So getting in to the guts of Geeksafe and I see why the 'accountNotes
>section
>isn't scrolling - it's set as a newtLabelInputLine, which doesn't seem to
>support 'optionFlags := khasScrollersOption' as written in the code.
>Setting the _proto to newtEditView enables the scroll bars, but doesn't
>write or read from the soup properly.

When I was writing NewtonScript, I was never able to successfully
change the _proto slot and have the control work.

Create a new control as a newtEditView, copy all of the method code
and data items from the newtLabelInputLine, then blow the old one away.

The nice thing is that you can get the new slot working before you
blow away the old one.

Andrei