Re: [NTLK] Palm LifeDrive

From: Steve Scotten <splicer_at_paroxysm.com>
Date: Thu Apr 12 2007 - 19:40:41 EDT

kevin_ondre@vermontel.net wrote:
> ok, that does it. life drive is out.
> i have come to grips with the fact that any of them will require grafiti.
> honestly i am not too sure how much non-typing will be done anyhow.
>
> I am coming to understand why the newt emulator is wanted so bad.

Honestly, a newt emulator on any of the handheld hardware out there
today would be (IMO) a waste. None of the screens are large enough to do
handwriting recognition. It works for a while, but one long word and
you're in trouble. For a small screen, character-at-a-time recognition
is preferable.

And as anyone who has installed Graffiti on their Newt will attest, it's
faster anyway. I cried the day I realized that with only a little
practice I could graffiti faster than I can write on Newt. It was truly
a sad day for me.

If you do end up with a Palm device, try out Agendus. It's a (very)
distant descendant of Action Names. It's gotten a bit cluttered in its
old age, but it does address some of the shortcomings of the Palm PIM.

Good luck,

Steve