Re: [NTLK] Palm LifeDrive

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Apr 16 2007 - 18:50:52 EDT

I doubt that any Mac tablet that $J would have his hands on would be anything to swoon over. You can bet that it would have nothing in common to our beloved green machine...and it would be awkward to use and have consumer level functions that are absolutly not necessary and basically be everything the Newton is not.
  But hey...Apple can't even get it's act together with it's OS updates because they are spread so thin on the iPhone....I can only guess at the bugs being introduced in that monstrocity due to lack of talent and resources...the last thing Apple needs now is yet ANOTHER platform to support...so no...there is no tablet in Apple's future....And I'ld like to think that deep down inside, $J is quite aware that there is nothing he can do to top the Netwon, so to save face, there's no reason to even try...
  Ed
  web/gadget guru
  Download Newton packages directly onto your Newton: http://newton.tek-ed.com

Steve Scotten <splicer@paroxysm.com> wrote:
  William Pociengel wrote:

> A tablet PC (or Mac)

Oh, wouldn't that be a lovely day! I think a tablet Mac would satisfy my
Newton urges. I saw a Tablet PC in a 6"x9" form factor once. If Apple
would do that.... *swooon*

Steve

"The rule in Silicon Valley is that if Apple leaves the table smiling, the other guy got screwed,"
   - Rob Enderle, independant analyst on the Apple/Cisco iPhone lawsuit

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.