[NTLK] Took the Plunge!

From: Seb Payne <sebpayne_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Apr 28 2007 - 18:21:50 EDT

So after years (literaly) of debating, I have taken the plunge and
purchased a Newton! I've got an eMate 300 coming in the post soon to
me and I just can't wait :). I chose the eMate because I got it for
less than £40 and it will be more useful than a MessagePad to me.
Until it comes, I have some questions

a.) Email Clients - What is available and what is supported? IMAP?
POP? Does .Mac work ok?

b.) Web Browsing - Yes it won't be fun on an eMate but I'll give it a
go! Is Newt's Cape the best?

c.) RSS Reader - Are there any and if so, which ones are recommended?

d.) Bootstrapping - I've got a MacBook Pro 17" and a PowerBook G4 12",
neither of which are capable of booting into OS 9. I'm intending to
use Wifi with the eMate so what's the recommended solution to get
packages installed? Could I utilise the infrared on the MacBook Pro?
I'd like to do it without spending more money if possible.

e.) Screen - I've heard about the screen problem and the current owner
says there are no issues. Is there a way of checking if it is OK
before disassembling? Is there a serial number range? Software check?

Thanks and looking forward to finally being a Newtie

Seb Payne - seb@sebpayne.com
http://www.sebpayne.com