Re: [NTLK] Newton's HWR [WAS: "Re: Newton reclassification"]

From: MICHAEL W LODER <mwl2_at_psu.edu>
Date: Sat Apr 28 2007 - 19:42:44 EDT

Being a Newton-newbie, I have some questions about handwriting recognition. Sometimes it does an excellent job of making sense out of my left-hander's scribbles, at other times, it cannot seem to make sense of anything I write. But I notice that sometimes the lines accurately follow my pen, at other times, the lines that appear seem to have a mind of their own. When that happens, nothing comes out right. So, why is that?
So, next question: Do any of you feel that the type or make of stylus makes a difference in the Newton's ability to take down the handwriting? Reason I ask is that my Newton came with a non-apple, cheap stylus. It appears to work MOST of the time, but at other times, the Newton won't even appear to be aware that I am touching the screen. Are there certain stylus types to avoid, and types to prefer?
Thanks for your help. This is a great community. WES LODER