Re: [NTLK] How To Clear Items In Out-Box

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Aug 02 2007 - 19:14:11 EDT

Sorry for the double post...but that should read "I/O Select All" instead of "Extras Select All".
  And I screwed up the link as well...
  Here they are in the correct format:
  Extras Select All:
  http://newton.tek-ed.com/pkgdldr.cfm?type=1&index=106

  I/O Select All:
  http://newton.tek-ed.com/pkgdldr.cfm?type=1&index=105

Sorry abou the confusion...
  Ed
  web/gadget guru

Ed Kummel <tech_ed@yahoo.com> wrote:
  Go to my site (http://newton.tek-ed.com) and download and install the package "Extras Select All". Here is the direct link to the app:
http://newton.tek-ed.com/pkgdldr.cfm?type=1&index=1065
From the "Read Me" (also available on my site at the first link above)
"This little extension will add an 'All' button to the In/Out Box"

As for your second question, perhaps a soup editor will do the trick?
I have one on my site above that you can download and install onto your Newt.
Here is the direct link to the app SoupCleaner:
http://newton.tek-ed.com/pkgdldr.cfm?type=1&index=298

I've never used it though...I like TrashPack:
http://newton.tek-ed.com/pkgdldr.cfm?type=1&index=306

Be careful with soup editors...if you don't know what you're doing, you will seriously mess up your Newt!

Ed
web/gadget guru

Michael Nerad wrote:
Hello,
I am preparing my Newton 2100 for sale.

I have a couple of question that will help me with removing personal
information and personal data before I ship the Newtons.

!. There are many hundreds of items in the Out-Box. I do not know why
or how they got there. I want to delete all of these items, and I
would like to know if there is a simpler method to erase or delete
them all at once. There is no "select all" button in the global view
of the out-box and I really don't want to have to check each box next
to each item in the outbox to delete everything.

2. Is there a safe method to erase all my data and documents without
erasing all of the installed programs and stores? I know that a brain-
wipe will delete everything. I do not want to do this. But I wonder
if there is a easy way to clear all data from the Newton without
touching the installed set-up.

Thank you,

"The rule in Silicon Valley is that if Apple leaves the table smiling, the other guy got screwed,"
- Rob Enderle, independant analyst on the Apple/Cisco iPhone lawsuit
Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
"The rule in Silicon Valley is that if Apple leaves the table smiling, the other guy got screwed,"
   - Rob Enderle, independant analyst on the Apple/Cisco iPhone lawsuit

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!