[NTLK] eMate 300 problem after long sleep

From: Ken Wessen <ken.wessen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Aug 03 2007 - 05:22:12 EDT

I have an eMate 300 that appears to work just fine, except when it has been
left sleeping for sometime (generally overnight). After that, when I open it
up it reports "Sorry an error has occurred" followed by a very large number
(I have not been able to find any reference to this particular error code in
any Newton docs I have or can find online.) Once in this state, the Newton
Works page I have open still works fine, but I cannot open anything else or
get the Extras page to appear etc. It just keeps repeating the same error if
I try. However, if I reset, it all works normally again and no data is lost.
Also, it recovers from sleep without problems when the length of time is
shorter.
Anyone seen this kind of problem? I'm also interested in any suggestions as
to appropriate diagnostic software I could try. I have done a hard reset,
but that did not solve the problem

Ken