Re: [NTLK] NCU 1.0

From: Steven Scotten <splicer_at_paroxysm.com>
Date: Sun Aug 05 2007 - 22:45:07 EDT

On Aug 5, 2007, at 6:54 AM, Jon Glass wrote:

> Rather than copying the contents, mount the floppy disk images on your
> desktop, and run the installer from there. Alternately, though I don't
> remember if this works--esp under X, you could copy the contents to
> folders on the Desktop, but with the exact same names as the disks,
> and start from there. I don't think it works copying all to the same
> folder. Certainly, the best way used to be to mount the disk images,
> and run from there--but then again, it's been a long time since I did
> something like this. ;-) (BTW, I used to install System 7.6 and even
> 8.0 from a dozen mounted floppy disk images.) ;-

As of OSX 10.4 it's no longer possible to make or mount floppy disk
images.

If I'm wrong about this, I want to know how. It was ridiculously
simple in 10.3, but in 10.4... well, lets just say it appears to have
fallen victim to Apple's philosophy that every removed feature is an
added feature in spirit.