Re: [NTLK] OT Are we stupid?

From: Dale Raby <daleraby_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Aug 10 2007 - 14:14:41 EDT

> I have also lost friends due to E-mail. No kid. What would
> have normally blown over was escalated to a full blown war and fighting
> words in two days. Take this example:

I also lost a friend of ten years as a direct result of email availability
(and let's be fair; my own bad judgment and short temper). I have only
recently been (possibly) forgiven, ten years later, discovering that my
friend now had a five-year-old autistic child I might well have helped her
diagnose a year sooner than she did because of my own experience with
autistic children. Even so, she took my hand warily.

Digital wounds do not heal quickly or well. What benefit might an autistic
child have gained from being diagnosed at age two? Answer; immeasurable!