Re: [NTLK] MADnewton 404 error

From: Eckhart Köppen <eck1003_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat Aug 11 2007 - 04:09:32 EDT

On 10. Aug, 2007, at 21:41 , Brendan Chenelle wrote:

> There is one exception. Most streams I try to play are a bare IP
> addess.
> One is xx.xx.xx.xx/playlist.pls. When I enter this into the player, it
> does not give a 404 error like when I try to play streams with the
> xx.xx.xx.xx/ format. It connects, downloads headers, and then
> doesnt do
> anything else.

Probably because there is a .pls file being returned, and MADNewton
does not parse those. Also, I think that behind many URLs in iTunes,
there is actually either a .pls or .m3u file as well.

If you don't mind using the Terminal, you can use curl to get the
file, and then look inside for the actual URL.

Here is one URL which points directly to the stream:

http://gffstream.ic.llnwd.net/stream/gffstream_gffstream4

In the long run, it would probably be best if MADNewton would know
how to deal with .m3u and .pls files and handle redirects as well :/

Eckhart