Re: [NTLK] OT Are we stupid?

From: James Grubic <james.grubic_at_bsd7.org>
Date: Mon Aug 13 2007 - 13:30:58 EDT

Actually, I have to agree with Matthias. You are dealing with
10-year-old technology that was designed to connect to an entirely
different operating system with an entirely different interface. You
only gain connectivity with the use of third party tools which may or
may not work...there is no guarantee, although it's nice when it does
work and lousy when it doesn't.

If the status quo with Newton was what you sought, you never would have
needed to upgraded your computer. The new computer and operating system
is now designed to interface with newer and different types of devices.

Such is the way of nostalgia. Yes, I said it. The future of Newton lies
in emulation and in devices that evolve from it. Keep using your Newton,
by all means; for it to work as intended you need to surround it with
the original environment it was designed for or rely on some really
creative and selfless people to program their way around the
limitations. If the latter is the case, you have to accept the caveats.

James