Re: [NTLK] An Idea Regarding the Bootstrap

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Wed Aug 15 2007 - 02:50:30 EDT

On Aug 15, 2007, at 12:48 AM, L.W. Brown wrote:

> my understanding is that ONLY Newts can read their cards - except if
> you can do a "raw" bit-dump
> this seems to be a very difficult task...

Yes, that is exactly what "dd" does. It dumps the raw bits from and
to devices. Since we do not have documentation on the file format (or
rather soup format) of Newton PCMCIAs, all we can do is duplicate
existing cards. And I am not even sure if that way is proven.

So if anyone has a bootstrap PCMCIA, it would be helpful if you can
read the Bytes using 'dd' and post the resulting file so that others
with the same PCMCI Flash card can generate the same bootstrap.

But maybe all that exists already?

Matthias

----
http://robowerk.com/