Re: [NTLK] Battery Weirdness

From: Aaron Brigati <abrigati_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Aug 16 2007 - 05:28:18 EDT

On Aug 16, 2007, at 5:03 AM, Dave Bellamy wrote:

> I looked at the cage and
> noticed that the batteries are not a very good fit. There is definite
> movement within the tray and they can actually move so far as to not
> be touching one another.
>
> Now the question is, is it my cage that is somehow at fault, the
> batteries themselves are slight too small or is this something normal
> and that once inserted they fit correctly.

I just wanted to say that this is how my 2900 mAh AAs are in the
battery cage, and they seem to work fine. One end of the battery cage
is open; I suspect there's something inside the Newton that presses
through there and tightens the fit.

My Newton also only registers the 2900 mAh cells at 80% when they're
full. I suspect that's because they're 1.2 volts each, instead of the
1.5 volts of the alkalines it's expecting.