Re: [NTLK] Battery Weirdness

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu Aug 16 2007 - 09:50:45 EDT

I suspect that you have a couple of things going on.
Inb the battery pack the batteries with the negative end open are
pressed by the contact in the Newton. Get a light an look inside.
This contact is also the spring that pushes that pack out. If it
isn't springy then this may be your problem. But in any case clean
all contacts in the newton and on the battery pack with pencil eraser
or something like that.
The battery tray does not have thermister contacts so the Newt
assumes that it is alkaline cells.
Install Nicks Soft Charge and set the batteries to Nimh
You can get this at Ed;s site
<http://www.tek-ed.com/>
Woody

On Aug 16, 2007, at 4:03 AM, Dave Bellamy wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Just wanted to check to see if anyone else had experienced something
> similar. I have a MP2000u and use both a rebuilt battery pack and a
> cage with 4 2500Mh AA rechargeables.

snip