Re: [NTLK] keyboards & mice

From: Oliver Brose <oliver.brose_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri Aug 17 2007 - 11:49:51 EDT

>Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 14:23:04 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
>From: Anthony Vernier <avernier@earthlink.net>
>
>I'm finally going to get a Mac, Mac Mini that is. I'm not too
>thrilled about the new keyboard or mouse I can get from Apple.

You're not alone.

>I have a Newton keyboard but I need an adapter.

It won't work. And seriously, you can't be willing to type on that
thing more than absolutely necessary. I just got myself a used 12"
Powerbook for portable typing, although I could travel lighter with
the Newt. The Newton keyboard is a crime, especially when realizing
how very efficient and ergonomic all the other hardware is.

>So, Is there an adapter available 8-pin to usb? or can any suggest
>a good compact one for a Mac Mini. Wireless prefered, blue tooth?

Depending on where you are (QWERTY territory = more choice), in
descending order of looks, you could get:
- the Matias Tactile Pro 2.0
- The Happy Hacking Keyboard (there are many)
- an iMate Adaptor + Apple Extended II Keyboard off eBay
- a serial adaptor + IBM Model M off eBay

Most of these are neither exactly compact, nor pretty, and none are
BT, but they are one thing for sure: Good Keyboards.

Oliver