Re: [NTLK] Returned to the Fold After 9 Years - Questions

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Aug 17 2007 - 17:48:24 EDT

Yeah...that's the only downside about the newt and network stuff...you have to remember, the Newt was developed while the ubiquitous web we know and love today was just starting out. so the Newt's implementation of network usage is primitive at best. I use NetHopper, and that's a little faster, but only knows HTTP 1.0, so some stuff you can't do with that browser...I've tried to make my download site to be HTTP 1.0 compatible, that's why I use a server side compilation scripting language and force it to comply with http 1.0 standards for the Newt.
  Ed
  web/gadget guru
Mark Srebnik <msrebnik@earthlink.net> wrote:
  Thanks again, Ed for your help...

In the meantime, I have figured out how to download packages directly to my Newt using WiFi card/Newt's Cape browser and your webpage!

Only thing is that as I mentioned before, navigating to websites and through pages with Newt's Cape is slow and cumbersome...but it works...

;-)

Mark
MP2100