Re: [NTLK] MP / Palm TX

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat Aug 18 2007 - 02:24:51 EDT

For me, the inability to work with MS Office and pdf files ultimately prevent
the Newton becoming a pc replacement.

Otherwise the Newton works great for portable note taking and PIM. The newton
is best for light email duties but because of MS Office, PDF attachments which
need to be revised in their native formats and then returned in the same
formats, the Newton won't do for email either. I haven't tried but storage
could also be an issue as I get over 50 work emails a day with about 20% with
attachments.

A Thinkpad laptop with bluetooth and a Newton 2100 covers my needs.

Cheers

Tony

[snip]
My issue is that, the more I think about it, the less I actually
*want* a laptop. 95% of the time, all I need a portable for is to
check email, IM, and browse the web. But 5% of the time, I need to
write, run photoshop, run OO3, yell at my IT department because out of
3 FTP clients, Transmit is the only one that will connect to my server
(heh).
[snip]
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
p.m.