Re: [NTLK] serial-usb

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Mon Aug 20 2007 - 14:22:55 EDT

On Aug 20, 2007, at 10:57 AM, Thomas Hart wrote:

> Thanks for that, but it didn't work. The Newt package installers see
> the pl2303 driver (though I think it is the sourceforge one I
> installed yesterday), but the Newton doesn't.

It's probably not a Newton package, but a Mac OSX installer
package. Unfortunately Apple reused the .pkg extension with OSX so
sometimes this get confused.

Clearly there is nothing that should be installed on the Newt in this
case though...

Marty

PS You would need to have a Prolific 2303 for this to work. You
could look in the Apple system profiler under USB for more info about
your "cable".