Re: [NTLK] Source for Newton ebooks

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sat Dec 01 2007 - 11:13:18 EST

On 12/1/2007 5:03 AM, Jon Glass wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2007 1:03 AM, Aaron Brigati <abrigati@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So I emailed the admin and phew - it was just an oversight when he
>> was tinkering with the site design. So you can go to manybooks.net
>> and get Newton books again! I believe they have all of Project
>> Gutenberg and a selection of other titles also.
>
> The Newton format is the Paperback format, based upon Victor's
> efforts, is it not? I know some here don't like Paperback, so I
> thought it worth mentioning this--and Victor's efforts as well. ;-)

Yes it is. They are not NewtonBook files but rather Paperback. But
when you are downloading a file and specifying the font and size it says
"Create Newton Press Book" which is not quite accurate.

Regardless don't forget about http://www.newtonslibrary.org/ their books
are NewtonBooks with bookmarking and other features. They also have a
plugin for Firefox to view Newtonbooks on your Desktop.

-Dan