[NTLK] RES: [Indesejados] Newton metaphysics [OT] [WAS: "Re: RES: Case for aNewton and a hardcopy calendar"]

From: robinson <gaudo_at_terra.com.br>
Date: Sun Dec 02 2007 - 18:12:14 EST

The Newton experience goes further the bounds of technology. I saw more than
one time people saying that sometimes caught themselves just holding and
admiring their Newtons. Maybe some people call a behavior liKe that as
madness, but we can assume that as a felling of hapiness. But whY?
Because, I feel, Newton is one of few machines was invented that really
matters to us. Some folks spend a lot of hours polishing their Corvettes or
their Beetles. No one have a emotional link with a Toyota corolla. I think.
Not yet.
We can assume also that Newton can just as some songs - bring bacK to us
some memories. A time when the things was more durable. Most of us had
experience with Apple II or TRS80. But just because computers are tools made
to worK with connectivity - in a general thought we can’t simply forget
the evolution and keep working with a ZX Spectrum at our office. We need
results, and results and connectivity we can get with OS X and XP. But in a
personal matter we can do what we want, the way we want. So, Newton can be a
symbol of resistance a good one, that really worRks. And To prove that, I
wrote this with my Fiva MPC501, assembled on 2001. It have win98se, colour
screen, USB, PCMciA, IRDA, Can use regular keyboards, and etc. It is the
first UMPC, I believe. But iTs HWR sucks. As you can see... I wasTe in Fiva
much more time to do the same thing WiTh Newton. Principally Writting. And
Fiva can’t give me the same experience. Why? It is Clear liKe Crystal to me.

We can customize Our Newtons much more than We can do with a Q1. And more.
If my Newt still works, there is a lot of me on this. It works BECAUSE of
me. Because I care, because I study Ways to keep it operational. Q1 works
because Samsung and Microsoft wants.
On these days all people are searching meanings for a lot of things. I,
particularly, WanT to understand Why I need more than 40 GB On my computer
if all my files have 6gb and I work only with Office, Watch Some PDF and
use internet. I am doing the Same I use to do With 400mb on 1995.
So, I got tired of fighting against Fiva's HRW and transfer the file to a
pen drive, then To my notebook then to Newton. And now the experience is
much better just because I don't have to make any effort to be understood by
Newton.
I don't have a Q1 or an ASUS UMPC, but I have experienced many devices to
make a comparison and now can say Newton's ability to comprehend me is
almost human.
I know that behind this ability of Newton there is a thing miles away from
the human nature. But what people from Cupertino did with this little guy is
fantastic. Since 2003, when I met a MP 130, until now, I just can't look to
a Newton without have a said feeling about its longevity. How long can it
go?
Just to prove how I am right, since I start to write this e-mail on Newton,
I had to make two corrections of HWR. With Fiva, lost the count. And, one
more time, have to thank to Guyot for alt-rec. Without this pkg, maybe at
this moment I should no longer Using a Newton. (please, sorry about my poor
English.)