Re: [NTLK] Perfectly Sync with iCal may soon be possible...

From: Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Dec 03 2007 - 17:13:44 EST

Matthias,

Without reading at the doc, I would think that the best way to
address sync functionality would be to go with the synchronization
API that, I think, as been part of Tiger (think iSync). Not that you
would use iSync to synchronize with your Newton, although it would
not be totally out of question to do it that way but I would envision
a software similar to the Missing Sync for various phones. Some
functionalities like installing packages and backing up but when it
comes to synchronization, I think that if we would want the
application to survive and gain the most, it would need to go with
the sync services that are part of OS X. I haven't looked at any
detail yet but after initial talks with Simon Bell, that's the route
I would go.

-Laurent.

--
Laurent Daudelin