Re: [NTLK] Email storage on Card

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Dec 14 2007 - 09:42:36 EST

What kind of authentication does this server use? If it uses SSL in the
authentication you are out of luck. But, I have found that the smaller CoHo
services generally have simple authentication. Can you connect to it with a
desktop computer without any kind of encryption turned on? As for password
length, that would be a question for Simon Bell, who lurks here's about
often.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
http://santa-duck.dyndns.org:8080/ (Newton server)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/ (desktop)

Greg Hankins wrote:
<snip>
I am having trouble getting both MailV and iNet to access one
particular POP3 account; they work fine on others.

The account lives on a GoDaddy mailserver under my business domain:
sevenlakestimes.net. The front end of the address adds another seven
characters to that. I'm getting a login error (invalid password,
though I know it's correct) and am wondering if there's a string
length limit on the login that the Newton email programs can handle.
Because fo the way the server works, my login would be about 26
characters.
<snip>