Re: [NTLK] Wireless Help?

From: Ian P. Currie <ipcurrie_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat Dec 22 2007 - 17:49:22 EST

Hello Greg and thanks for your help - I do hope we can get this sorted
out! It feels like I'm so close to getting it to work...

Interesting about the driver telling you the IP assigned by the
router. This does not happen for me. In fact, I am unable to use DHCP
at all. When I try, the progress bar stops about 3/4 of the way across
and it eventually stops trying to connect. I have a manually entered
IP, and I've also told the Base Station to reserve that IP for my
wireless card's MAC address.

I have tried with two POP accounts... will try an IMAP account.

My e-mail client is SimpleMail.

Should also note that I can't get Courier to work -- it goes through a
similar routine of apparently connecting to the router, then not being
able to resolve anything.

More troubling still, I think, is that I get the very same behaviour
regardless of WEP security settings. That is, if WEP is switched on
from the router and I *don't* enter a password in the card setup, the
performance is identical. so I think I'm not quite getting through to
the router.

Can you think of anything else I can try?

I.