Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Newton Connection for Mac OS X

From: Paul Byrnes <pbyrnes_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Thu Feb 01 2007 - 06:02:40 EST

Evening Newties (at least it is evening in Oz)
Quick question from a lurker – but a 10 year+ user and true believer.
I’ve stuck with OS 10.2.8 because I can still connect using my serial
adaptor and transfer notes from my 2100. I write everything (I’m a
journalist, but don’t hold it against me) on the newt because of RSI,
then transfer it to my laptop.

My question is this: I’m about to upgrade my G4 laptop to a Macbook 2.0
GHz Intel Core duo, running (I think) 10.4.8, and I was worried about
losing connectivity. So I read all the entries about Simon’s NCX and
still can’t be sure what it does. Will this allow me to connect via
serial and transfer from Notes, which is all I need it to do? Is there
any reason I shouldn’t go ahead and buy the Macbook? This is important,
because I can’t type more than a few lines without getting pain, so
connectivity is vital.

If NCX does what I need it to, my second question is where to find it.
I can’t see anything called NCX on simon’s website URL.
If it doesn’t do what I need, is there something that does?
Sorry if these are dumb questions... any advice gratefully received.
Regards
Paul Byrnes