Re: [NTLK] OT: Poutine was: Re: OT: Bush, Iraq, etc

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Mon Feb 05 2007 - 09:33:17 EST

Andrei Chichak wrote:

> * 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
> * 1 (10.25 ounce) can beef gravy
> * 5 medium potatoes, cut into fries
> * 2 cups cheese curds

first off Thanks for the recipe, now if I can just convince someone at
my house to make this heart stopper ;-)

and methinks that grated cheese would work better than cheese curds. In
WI (home of beer and brats {rhymes with ought, has nothing to do with
kids, no not the goat kind the children of humanoids kind}) cheese curds
are the un-aged, processed cheese bits about the size of hmmmmmmm your
thumb. Often used in, well this is Wisconsin, beer cheese soup. I'm not
sure how well they'd melt with gravy, though battered and deep fried
they are tasty, Yum. But also a heart stopper :-(

Thanks for solving this ongoing question about what is this stuff.

william