Re: [NTLK] OT: Poutine was: Re: OT: Bush, Iraq, etc

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Feb 05 2007 - 11:54:21 EST

On 2/5/07, Randy Glenn <randy.glenn@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/5/07, William Pociengel <hseldon@my.wgu.edu> wrote:
> Heart stopper? Pffft! That's nothing compared to what some people eat
> poutine with:
> Quadruple C
> "Collosal Colon Clogger Combo"

Interesting Randy! It's interesting in this OT thread what people consider a
C^4 here....
If you were to consider different cuisines then I'd have to say that there
is a Chinese (Taiwanese flavored) dish that would probabaly beat it as a C^4
"Collosal Colon Clogger Combo"

My mom make a dish which is basically the Skin of Pig cooked with Soy Sauce
and someother unknown to me spices... basically the Pig Sking is about 2" -
2/ 1/4" thick section. The top layer is the exterior skin 1/8" - 1/2", the
next layer is some fat 1/4", below this is a 1/4" layers of alternating fat
and meat, below that may be a another layer of fat 3/4"... and then the last
layer usually a layer of meat which can vary from 1/4" - 3/4" thick... not
imagine eating this stewed concoction with rice and the aforementioned suace
drizzled over the rice...

This is the healthy meal in C^4...

My dad mentioned to me that duriing the time frame when he served in the
Taiwanese Army they on ocassion did not have alot of food for the troops in
training so one of the dishes was rice cooked in lard to ad flavor...

I'm not sure how he survies to this date but fortunate for us he does not
have a coronary condition due to this diet....

The pig skin dish you have to try one of these days! you might shy away from
it but IF you were to try it you might get hooked .... Poutine sounds cool,
I've even seen it discussed on one of my kid's cartoon shows.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung