Re: [NTLK] Dashboard for Newton

From: Roman Pixell [GMail] <roman.pixell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Feb 07 2007 - 10:26:17 EST

On 7 feb 2007, at 08.33, Rene Raggl wrote:

> Now, I have dashboard installed since 5 years or so and for me it has
> become an invaluable tool in my daily work. I highly recommend it!

DB is quite powerful, since you can write and modify your own scripts
and call them in the launcher field with a pen stroke. common
commands do not need scripting, they will come pre-installed. just
specify that a capital "R" in the launcher field will restar the
device, validate and its there, ready to be used.

i got an LB licence back in 1999 and never looked back. when
launchbar for OS X was released, i was quick to adapt this software
too. in fact, i would say launcher apps really are a revolution for
the way we access data and command computers.

five speed charge 25 USD, which might seem to be hefty for a HW
platform that has not been manufactured for a decade, but thats not
the point. if you really plan to use the newton, its well worth it.

tha main back-draw is that DB sux memory and will make your newt slow
(er). i started off on an MP2000 but DB really became enjoyable when
i upgraded to an MP2100.

the main benefit for tech nerds is that you now can write, edit and
compile scripts on the bus. with a purpose!

vänliga hälsningar / warmest regards,

/ ®

roman pixell, freelancer
karmatic experience group