Re: [NTLK] Dashboard for Newton

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Feb 07 2007 - 11:46:20 EST

I've owned a MP2100 since it's inception and I can't remember a time when I WASN'T using Dashboard.
  I personally think that Dashboard "completes" the Newton OS and makes it more useful.
  Dashboard gives you a a bunch of easy to use features such as the "Launcher" which allows you to set up a letter-gesture to launch an application. It also has a Newton Script editor and player...This is invaluable since there is limited development in the Newton community and there are many people on this list who are familiar with Newton Script to help you create a custom solution if you need something. It offers a Recent Apps button to quickly launch the last several apps you used. It also has a running apps button to allow you to quickly switch between all your running apps. Very useful if you're trying to copy and paste between apps...It comes with a comprehensive list of custom scripts and "special items" which includes all the different types of keyboards and quick access to things like setting HWR guest mode on or off or quick access to your various notes styles.
  Sure, you can get similar results if you run a multitude of seperate applications, but I like the fact that Dashboard puts this all in one easy to use place. To me, it's where I would have liked to see the Newton OS have gone if it ever was allowed to evolve beyond V2.1.
  Ed
  web/gadget guru
  Download Newton packages directly onto your Newton: http://newton.tek-ed.com

P Muller <wndrstrck@mail.com> wrote:
  Hi Everyone,
First things first, I would like to say hi to everyone as I am a new
member to the list although I have lurked quite a bit. Secondly I
would like to ask if this interface upgrade is worth the money.

thanx Phil
Any time you get a mouthful of hot soup, the next thing you do will be
wrong.

Don't You Love Mistyping URL's....
....when they turn out to be pretty neat.
In this case I was trying for Engadget.com, and instead wound up at www.edgadget.com which appears to have lots of Newton software.
 - ProfessorF from the UK pcpro/macuser forum

TV dinner still cooling?