Re: [NTLK] POP3 mail client

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 17:43:40 EST

On 2/9/2007 12:27 PM, knowtree@aloha.com wrote:
> I was thinking I'd use MailV but after reading the User Guide it appears to
> only work with IMAP, and my mail accounts are on systems that only support
> POP3.
>
> 1. Can MailV be used with POP3?
>
> 2. What are some good Newton POP3 clients?
>
> 3. Does anyone use Yahoo Mail or Gmail web browser interface via Newt's
> Cape? Sounds painfully slow to me, but I'm new at this.
>
> Gary Dunn
> Honolulu
> MP110, MP2100

Well Mail V now also has POP access (the latest version). But you can
also try SimpleMail. It was created before Mail V by the same author.
Those are the two best email clients.

As for Yahoo mail, I have not tried it but is often slow on a desktop so
I can only imagine what it would be like on the Newt. However Gmail
requires SSL which is something that our Newts can't do currently. The
only work around i know for this is to have Gmail forward your mail to a
account that DOES have POP access and does not require SSL.

-Dan