Re: [NTLK] POP3 mail client

From: <knowtree_at_aloha.com>
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 20:35:28 EST

> > --------------------
> > I just tried this url using my MP2100 but NewtsCape
> > gave me this
> > "http://us.m.yahoo.com/?_rf=rawfront&refer=rawfront"
> > & this error message "application/xhtml+xml error:
> > unknown"? Robert
>
> Try: http://us.m.yahoo.com
>
> Yours,
>
> Salva

I got the same result as Robert Serna, and after a lot of poking around
found m.yahoo.com and us.m.yahoo.com. None of these work for me. I have a
hunch Yahoo is looking specifically for the browsers in cell phones, so
they can pile on glitzy features. So much for long lasting standards.
Funny, I can use the original radio in a 1955 Chevy and get the same AM
stations I can get on any AM radio sold in America today. The web was
supposed to be like that, a long lasting archive of on-line knowledge.

Another update: I installed and configued MailV. Another great looking app.
I did not enable any IMAP entry because I need to do something with all the
old mail stuck on the server. I was able to send, but MailV hung while
disconnecting, probably because it has no SMTP enabled. Hopefully that will
clear up over the weekend as I get it all tuned.

Gary Dunn
Honolulu
MP110, MP2100