Re: [NTLK] OT: Another Interesting New device

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sat Feb 10 2007 - 09:59:12 EST

On 2/10/2007 5:15 AM, Joel M. Sciamma wrote:
> The article quotes:
>
> "Billed as a PDA, electronic book and music player the Readius device
> has onboard a flexible LED screen that unrolls to 12.7cm (5in) across."
>
> While not yet having a touch-sensitive surface, this sort of idea is
> the thing that might make portable computers much more realistic.
> Having a device that is the size of a mobile phone but with the
> screen area of a Newt is very appealing - it creates the scalable
> environment in which basic and more complex things can be done
> properly using one widget.

Yes it also reminds me of the "Tek War" series that was on in the mid
90's. A lot of their computers "pulled out". Another show that did
this was Earth Final Conflict. Although the screen didn't look that
flexable it did "pop out" and was adjustable in size and the original
size was much smaller than your typical cell phone. I managed to find a
image to describe it to those that didn't see the series.

http://www.jjambproductions.com/images/global%20link2.jpg

It would seem another case of where we are catching up to Sci-Fi (and
what was Sci-Fi only a few years ago).

-Dan