Re: [NTLK] How to NOT Sync an item to iCal

From: Mark Harter <willmark_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon Feb 12 2007 - 13:52:34 EST

In looking through this I came up with the answer to my own problem, and a very simple one too.

1) Entourage will only sync items in the corresponding Entourage iCal calendar. Thats a given. Thus if you have items in any other calendar it will not sync to the Newt, since only the calendar that is set to default for Dates on the Newt will sync, In my case Entourage.

2) In order to re-purpose for other uses (like publishing my part time work schedule for my wife) to my .Mac account. I simply create a duplicate item of an event and assign it to the particular calendar.

3) Items in the Entourage only calendar sync to the Newt all other calendars I set to publish to .Mac. Now if I can just Apple script all of this... :)

The best solution? No, but much like most things on the Newt we do what we have to in order to get by! Posted in case other might wonder what a potential work-around might be.

Think Green!
Mark