[NTLK] Coming Back To The Fold...A Few Questions

From: Scott Rogers <srogers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Feb 26 2007 - 22:40:55 EST

Hi all.

After several years, a cheap clie, a decent iPaq, and a Palm T5, I
find myself missing my old Newton 2100. I purchased one on Friday
night and expect it to arrive in the next few days (and a damned cable
to follow later...I always seem to forget that!). I have been looking
at the list archives and following along with some of the
developments, but I have a few questions:

1) I'm planning on setting the Newt up with an old PC we have (all
other computers in my house are USB-only). Am I right that once I get
the NIE and wifi drivers on it, I don't need to keep the old PC up and
running? In other words, can I install packages and sync via wifi? I
still have my old Wavelan Silver card.

2) What OS X software should I use for what? Is NewSync still the way
to go? Is "Delivery" the way to go for installing packages via wifi?
Is there anything else out there that I'm unaware of related to sync
and installation? Again, I want to do as little with the PC and cable
and possible, and at the moment, I don't want to fork out $30 for a
serial adapter (I will in the future if I need to).

3) Is bluetooth worth messing with? I don't have a CF bluetooth card,
but if sync/installation is easier that way, I'll consider it.

4) I had a link at one point for palm keyboard adapters, but can't
find it. Is there still no way to use an IR keyboard with the Newt?
I have a wonderful Belkin IR keyboard I used with my iPaq and I'd love
to use it.

5) If anyone has any advice about changes in the Newton landscape in
the last 3-4 years, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers!