Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Newton Connection for Mac OS X

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Wed Jan 03 2007 - 07:41:06 EST

Steve Hammond wrote:
>> What I would really like to see is syncing of the address on the
>> Newton. I have a lot of phone numbers on it that I have nowhere else.
>>

> Simon promises that version 2.0 will include syncing. Now the
> software has been released even before it was ready, thanks to him.
>
>> Is there some way to make Newton Books in OSX? I do have Newton press
>
> I do not know. But one cool think could be to have NCX convert PDF
> documents to eBook. That way, it could be nice have the PDF files one
> the Newton. I do not think there is a way to have the Newton to read
> PDF out of the box.
this is call feature creep. it is deadly!!! let him finish what he was
working on and then we go from there. it would make more sense if NCX
was completed and did exactly what it implies and any other feature be
built into a separate 'plugin'?? program.

I'm not trying to pick on anyone here but just used your post to clarify
the one item guaranteed to kill most any software project. modifying the
software before it's complete.

as for me I found the program to be so inherently clean that I forgot
that sync doesn't work and hit the button anyway ;-)

Simon, do you accept paypal or would something in a snailmail package be
better?

bill

--
special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too far
along a path that you cannot explain anymore.