Re: [NTLK] Seeding UNNA torrent

From: Grant Hutchinson <grant_at_splorp.com>
Date: Thu Jan 04 2007 - 14:46:04 EST

On Jan 4, 2007, at 12:37 PM, Steven Frank wrote:

>> I wasn't referring to server space or hosting ... that has always
>> seemed to be taken care of. I was referring to community members
>> actively helping organize, sort, annotate and maintain the contents
>> of UNNA, much like what occurs on the Wiki.
>
> Wait, I'm confused -- I knew we could submit descriptions for the
> files on UNNA. Do we have powers beyond that?

Not directly. The 'powers beyond' always belongs to Victor (and
whomever the subsequent site operators were). As far as I know, no
one is doing 'maintenance' and tidying on UNNA. I'd love to help in
this aspect, but there is no public access to that level of control.

I propose that perhaps we look into setting up a team of UNNA content
administrators. If whomever runs the various servers would agree. I'm
not sure which UNNA mirror is the 'master copy' anymore, but the
maintenance would happen on that server and would then propagate to
the other mirrors.

Who currently has the keys to the car?

g.

Grant Hutchinson > Interface Considerations & Toys

Weblog > www.splorp.com
Newton > www.newted.org
Design > www.veer.com
Photos > www.flickr.com/photos/splorp